Deputation or Re-Employment of Armed Forces Personnel.
1. Applications are invited from Armed Forces Personnel who are to retire within a period of one year or who are to be transferred to reserve, for filling up of under mentioned Technical Supervisory posts at Mumbai, Lonavala (Maharashtra), Delhi, Jamnagar & Hazira (Gujarat) and Karwar (Karnataka), under the administrative control of Western Naval Command, Mumbai by Deputation or re-employment are as under :
a) Number of Posts
- Assistant Foreman (AFM) – 67*
- Chargeman – I (CM-I) – 34*
(* No. may increase / decrease)
b) Pay Band
- AFM 9300 – 34800 + Grade Pay 4600/-
- CM-I 9300 – 34800 + Grade Pay 4200/-
The applications (in duplicate) may be sept to the Admiral Superintendent, Naval Dockyard, Mumbai within 30 days i.e. (23.11.2010) of the issue of this advertisement in the given proforma (Annexure-I).
Applications received after the last date or otherwise found incomplete will not be considered. While forwarding the applications, it may be certified that the particulars furnished by the officers are correct.
Details of vacancies are mentioned against each trade :
|S No||Name of Trades||In the grade|
of AFM & CM-I
with no. of
|S No||Name of Trades||In the grade
of AFM & CM-I
with no. of
|1.||Boiler Maker||2||1||1.||Weapon Control||3||-|
|3.||Engine Fitter||9||3||3.||Sonar Fitter||1||-|
|4.||Machinary Control Fitter||1||-||4.||Gyro Fitter||1||-|
|5.||Ref & A/C Fitter||1||1||5.||Instrument Fitter||1||1|
|6.||ICE Fitter||3||2||6.||Radio Fitter||2||1|
|2.||Plater||4||1||2.||ICE Fitter Crane||1||1|
|5.||Shipwright||3||1||1.||PP & C||1||2|
2. Eligibility conditions :
a) For Assistant Foreman :
Deputation or reemployment of Armed Forces Personnel : Officers holding the rank of Petty Officers or equivalent having Ten years experience in the appropriate Technical Branch of Army, Navy and Air Force due to retire within a period of one year or who are to be transferred to reserve shall also be considered. Such persons would be given deputation terms up-to-the date on which they are due for release from the Armed Forces. Thereafter, they may be continued on re-employment (Re-employment up-to the age of superannuation with reference to civil posts).
b) For Chargeman-I
Deputation or re-employment of Armed Forces Personnel : Officers holding the rank of Petty Officers or equivalent having seven years experience in the appropriate Technical Branch of Army, Navy and Air Force due to retire within a period of one year or who are to be transferred to reserve shall also be considered. Such persons would be given deputation terms up to the date on which they are due for release from the Armed Forces. Thereafter, they may be continued on re-employment (Re-employment upto the age of superannuation with reference to civil posts).
3. Age : The maximum age limit for appointment by deputation shall be not exceeding 56 years as on the closing date of receipt of applications.
4. Job Description :
- The candidate should have good knowledge of the trade and well aware of the latest developments in technology concerning his trade so as to adapt to the changes as and when they are introduced. He should be able to guide his subordinates in technically challenging jobs.
- He should have good knowledge of administrative procedures, organizational rules, production methods, facilities, safety and first-aid regulations, production planning and control procedures, quality control aspects demanding and accounting of stores etc., with computer literacy and able to adapt to the IT based applications as relevant.
5. One application in duplicate to be submitted with order of preference :
- Applications with insufficient details/certificates etc., will be summarily rejected and no correspondence will be entertained.
- Candidates are liable to serve in any Naval Unit within Western Naval Command, Mumbai.
- No correspondence/enquiries will be entertained and canvassing in any form will be considered as a disqualification.