1. The Written Examination for the recruitment to the above mentioned posts is likely to be held at following centres (code of the center are mentioned against the name of the city (Refer Column No. 05 Of The Application).
Mumbai / Pune
2. Blind candidates will be provided with the assistance of guides at the respective Examination Centre who will assist them in the examination process. Such candidate must write clearly about their disability in the application form for making necessary arrangements. An extra time of 30 minutes in each of the paper will be given to such candidates.
3. Candidates admitted to the examination will be sent an Admit Card permitting them to take examination. No candidate will be permitted to appear in the examination hall without the Admit Card alongwith date sheet and specific instructions.
4. The Written test will consist of three papers for both PGT and TGT as under:-
Post Graduate Teachers
Marks / Duration
Paper-I General Paper
Common Paper For All Posts Of PGTs: Objective type multiple choice questions on General English, General Awareness, General Intelligence & Reasoning, Numerical Ability and Teaching Aptitude.
60 Marks / 2 hrs.
Paper-II (Language Proficiency)
Objective type Hindi / English Language proficiency test.
40 marks / 1 hr.
Paper-III Subject Paper
Descriptive questions in the concerned subject. The difficulty level of the question paper will be of Post Graduation level. Paper III of only those candidates will be evaluated who have secured minimum cut-off marks in Paper-I (General Paper) as well as in Paper-II (Language Proficiency).
80 Marks / 2 hrs.
Trained Graduate Teachers & Misc. Categories
Paper-I General Paper
Common Paper For All Posts Of Tgts Including Misc. CategoriesObjective type multiple choice questions on General English, General Awareness, General Intelligence & Reasoning, Numerical Ability and Teaching Aptitude.
60 Marks/ 2 hrs.
Paper-II(Language Proficiency-subject test)
Objective type questions in concerned subject with multiple choice answers. For the post of TGT in Hindi and English all the questions will be in Hindi and English respectively, on the subject matter. For all other parts, the questions will be provided in one of the 13 Regional Languages, as mentioned in Para-5 below. Candidate will have to answer these questions in the language which he / she opts. It is, therefore, compulsory that candidates must fill up the option of Regional Language in which they would like to appear for the Exam in Col. 15 of the application form. Difficulty level of question paper will be of Graduation Level.
40 Marks / 1 hr.
Descriptive Questions in concerned subject. The medium of examination will be English / Hindi. Difficulty level will be of Graduation level. A candidate appearing for the examination will have to answer the question paper either in Hindi or English. Paper-III of only those candidates will be evaluated who have secured minimum cut-off marks in Paper-I (General Paper) as well as in Paper-II (Language Proficiency-subject test).
80 Marks / 2 hrs.
5. The Regional Languages in which a candidate for the post of TGT may opt for test (Refer Col. No. 15 Of The Application Form)
Candidates for the post of TGTs & Misc. category of teachers must indicate any one of the following languages (in which they desire to appear in Paper-II) in Col.15 of the application form. No other language except the language given below should be mentioned to avoid rejection. In case Regional Language is not mentioned, it will be treated as Hindi and candidate will have to write exam in Hindi language only.
Regional Language Codes For Filling Up The Application Form
6. The decision of the Samiti about the mode of selection to the above posts and eligibility conditions of the applicants for interview shall be final and binding. No correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
7. Schedule for Written Examination
Schedule of examination will be intimated with the Admit Card. Detailed examination schedule will be notified on Samiti’s website “www.navodaya.nic.in”.