Kuppam – 517 425.
Applications are invited in the prescribed form from the eligible candidates for the appointment of One Professor *; Three Associate Professors ( 1 ( OC ( W ) ), 1 SC )**, ( SC ( W )* ) in Tamil, in the Department of Tamil Language & Translation Studies in Dravidian University, on or before 29th February, 2012.
* Sanctioned by the Government of Tamil Nadu
** Sanctioned by the Government of Andhra Pradesh
1.Department of Tamil Language and Translation Studies.
(A) Professor Jobs :
1 ( OC )*
- An eminent scholar with Ph.D. qualification in Tamil and published work of high quality, actively engaged in research with evidence of published work with a minimum of 10publications as books and/or research / policy papers in indexed ISBN / ISSN numbered journals and / or ISBN / ISSN numbered books and the University developed ISBN / ISSN numbered list of journals / books hosted in the website of the concerned University.
- A minimum of 10 years of teaching experience in university / college, and / or experience in research at the University / National Level institutions / industries, including experience of guiding candidates for research at doctoral level;
- Contribution to educational innovation, design of new curricula and courses, and technology – mediated teaching learning process.
- A minimum score as stipulated in the Academic Performance Indicator ( API ) based on Performance Based Appraisal System ( PBAS ) developed by UGC.
- An outstanding professional with established reputation in relevant field who has made significant contribution to knowledge.
(B) Associate Professor Jobs :
3 ( 1 – OC ( W ); 1 SC );** 1 – SC ( W )*
- Good academic record with a Ph.D. degree in Tamil.
- 55% of the marks, or equivalent grade wherever grading system is followed at the Master’s degree in Tamil.
- A minimum of five years of experience of teaching and / or research in an academic / research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University / College or Accredited Research Institution / industry excluding the period of Ph.D research with evidence of published work and a minimum of 5 publications as books and / or research / policy papers in indexed / ISBN / ISSN numbered books / journals and University developed – ISBN / ISSN list of journals hosted in the website of the concerned University.
- Contribution to educational innovation, design of new curricula and courses, and technology – mediated teaching learning process with evidence of having guided doctoral candidates and research students.
- A minimum score as stipulated in the Academic Performance Indicator ( API ) based Performance Based Appraisal System ( PBAS ) developed by UGC.
General Instruction for Dravidian University Andhra Pradesh Recruitment 2012 :
- The prescribed Dravidian University Andhra Pradesh application form and full details can be obtained from the Registrar, Dravidian University, Kuppam on payment of 300/- for Teaching Positions through Demand Draft drawn on any Nationalized Bank in favour of “The Registrar Dravidian University, Kuppam” either personally or by post ( self addressed cover with stamps worth 25/- ).
- The candidates who have applied for the posts of Professor and Associate Professor should forward Dravidian University applications through proper channel and enclose their service certificates issued by the Registrar / Principal. The service rendered in any post in the regular scale of pay will only be considered.
- Employed persons should send Dravidian University Andhra Pradesh applications through Proper Channel. However, a copy may be sent directly to save delay, along with Demand Draft towards Registration fee, subject to the production of No Objection Certificate at the time of attending the interview.
- Dravidian University Andhra Pradesh Applications without Registration fee in the form of DD will be rejected.
- Name of the candidate and the Serial Number of the application form have to be mentioned on the back side of the Demand Draft.
- Original Certificates and evidences furnished in the application must be produced for verification at the time of Interview.
- Incomplete Dravidian University Andhra Pradesh applications or applications without the required enclosures will summarily be rejected.
- The candidates have to submit Dravidian University Andhra Pradesh applications in DUPLICATE.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks will be given at Master’s degree level for SC / ST/ Differently – abled ( Physically & Visually handicapped ) categories, as per UGC rules.
- The University reserves the right to fill in or not to fill in any or all the posts advertised.
- Last date for submission of duly filled in application forms along with necessary certificate is 29th February, 2012. Late submission of Applications will be summarily rejected.
- No TA / DA will be paid to candidates for attending the Interview.
- Canvassing in any form for any employment in the University is a disqualification.
- The candidates appointed will be covered by the Contributory Pension Scheme as per Government of Andhra Pradesh rules for the regular posts only.
- The University will not be responsible for any loss or postal delay in transit.