Jawaharlal Nehru University Job Openings 2013
Jawaharlal Nehru University,
New Mehrauli Road,
New Delhi 110067.
Telephone Number : 91 – 11 – 26742676, 26742575,
Fax : 26742580,
Website : www.jnu.ac.in.
Jawaharlal Nehru University invites applications for the following Posts.
|S.No||Name of the Post||Number of Post||Pay Band with Grade Pay|
|Assistant Registrar||01 ( reserved for ST )||PB - 3 : 15600 - 39100 with Grade Pay 5400 )|
|Veterinary Officer||01 ( UR - 1)||( PB - 3 : 15600 - 39100 with Grade Pay 5400 plus NPA,|
|Senior Assistant: Group-B||13 ( 12 - UR, 1 - SC )||PB - 2 : 9300 - 34800 with Grade Pay 4200|
|Stenographer: Group-C||05 ( 3 - UR, 1 - OBC & 1 - SC )||PB - 1 : 5200 - 20200 with Grade Pay of 2400|
| Junior Assistant-cum-Typist: Group-|
|34 ( 16 - UR, 1 - UR - PWD - OH, 9 - OBC, 5 - SC & 3 - ST )||PB 1: 5200 - 20200 with Grade Pay 1900 )|
Name of the Post : Assistant Registrar : Group – A post :
Age Limit : 45 years
Note : Upper Age limit for Group – A posts will not be applicable in respect of JNU departmental candidates and five years age relaxation in upper age limit will be given to the JNU departmental candidates for Group – B and C posts.
Essential Qualifications for Assistant Registrar : Group – A Jobs :
Master’s degree with at least 55% of the marks or its equivalent grade of B in the UGC seven point scale along with good academic record.
Note : Relaxation of 5% ( i.e. from 55% to 50% ) of marks at Master’s level will be applicable to ST candidate as conveyed by UGC vide letter No. F.3 – 1 / 2000 ( PS ) P / H dated 17th October, 2002 and 19th March, 2009. However, all guidelines issued by UGC / MHRD from time to time shall be applicable for recruitment to the post of Assistant Registrar.
Name of the Post : Veterinary Officer – School of Life Sciences :
Age Limit : 45 Years
Essential Qualifications for Veterinary Officer – School of Life Sciences :
- B.V.Sc. and Animal Husbandry ( at least four and half years course ) with specialization in Animal Breeding / Pathology / Pharmacology / Physiology / Toxicology from a UGC – recognized Institution / University with at least 55% marks or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC seven point scale.
- Five years experience inbreeding and maintaining / handing small laboratory animals and supervising such laboratory animal research facility.
Job Description : The incumbent shall be required to administer and maintain the standard of the University Animal House / research facility as per the CPCSEA guidelines. He / she will be required to supervise the animal house staff and manage breeding and caring of the laboratory experimental animals like rats, mice, rabbits, guinea – pigs, etc. and the animal house / research facility.
The incumbent should be able to carry out office work related to project approvals as per CPCSEA guidelines and organize meetings of the Institutional Animal Ethics Board as per the CPCSEA guidelines in addition to other work as may be assigned by the University.
Name of the Post : Senior Assistant : Group – B
Age Limit : 35 Years.
Note : 5 years. Upper Age limit for Group – A posts will not be applicable in respect of JNU departmental candidates and five years age relaxation in upper age limit will be given to the JNU departmental candidates for Group – B and C posts.
Essential Qualifications for Senior Assistant : Group – B Jobs
- University Degree.
- At least 5 years experience in Administration / Accounts / Secretarial work, of which at least three years as UDC in the Grade Pay of 2400 or an equivalent post in a University / Government / Public Sector undertaking / Corporate Institution of repute.
- Knowledge of Computer Operation;
Note : The candidates will have to qualify the following written tests ( Paper – I and Paper – II ) before interview :
Minimum qualifying marks will be 40% in each paper.
- Essay, précis, drafting and applied English grammar ( Paper – I )
- General office procedure, service rules and financial regulations ( Paper II )
University Administration and Financial Administration including book – keeping.
Note : ( Paper – III is required to be qualified, upon appointment, after putting in six months of satisfactory probation period, failing which their services will not be confirmed ).
Name of the Post : Stenographer : Group – C
Age Limit : 35 Years
Essential Qualifications for Stenographer : Group – C Jobs
- Sr. Sec. School Certificate ( 10 + 2 ) with shorthand speed 80 w.p.m.
- Candidates will have to qualify in the following tests before Interview
Minimum Qualifying marks will be 40% in each paper
- Paper-I : General English
- Paper-II : General Knowledge
Paper – III : Stenography skill test ( on computer ) at the speed of 80 w.p.m. for 7 minutes : For transcription time – English shorthand dictation 55 minutes and for Hindi shorthand dictation 65 minutes and minimum qualifying marks will be 40 out of maximum marks of 100.
Desirable : Candidates having knowledge of English and Hindi shorthand in above – mentioned prescribed speed will be given preference.
Note : The stenography tests will be conducted first and those who qualify in the stenography test will be called for written test and those who qualify both in the stenography test and written tests will be called for interview.
Name of the Post : Junior Assistant – cum – Typist : Group – C
Age Limit : 35 Years
Essential Qualifications for Junior Assistant – cum – Typist : Group – C Jobs
- Senior Secondary School Examination Certificate ( 10 + 2 )
- Minimum Typing speed : 30 words per minute in English or 25 words per minute in Hindi.
- Knowledge of Computer Operation. Candidates will have to qualify in the following papers before interview
Minimum qualifying marks will be 40% in each paper
- Paper – I : General English
- Paper – II : General Knowledge
- Paper – III : Typing test
Note : The Typing test ( on computer ) will be conducted first and those who qualify in the typing test will be called for written test and thereafter those who qualify in the written tests will be called for interview. Typing test will be conducted on the computer.
Desirable : Candidates having knowledge of English and Hindi typing in above – mentioned prescribed speed will be given preference.
Jawaharlal Nehru University Application Form
- JNU application fee shall be payable in the form of Bank Draft drawn in favour of ” Finance Officer, JNU” payable at New Delhi.No fee is payable in respect of SC / ST / PWD candidates, if the post is so reserved for the said category.
- Incomplete JNU applications are liable to be rejected and no correspondence will be entertained. Applications received after last date shall not be entertained and the University will not be responsible for any postal delay. Format of application ( on – line ) is available in the University website : www.jnu.ac.in .
- The eligible and interested persons are required to apply on-line in the format available in the University website : www.jnu.ac.in . JNU applications, except on – line, will not be accepted.
- Applicants are also required to submit the hard copy, i.e. signed copy of the online application along with the prescribed application fee, one passport size photograph and self – attested copies of the certificates of educational qualifications, date of birth, experience, caste, PWD certificate, etc . to Dy. Registrar ( Admn.), Room No. 310 ( Recruitment & Data Cell; 011 – 26738721 ), Administrative Block, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Mehr auli Road, New Delhi – 110067 within 30 days of the publication of this advertisement in the Employment News ( published on 19 th October 2013 ) i.e. up to 18th November, 2013.
- Both submission of the on – line application as well as subsequently the hard copy of on – line application is mandatory.
Jawaharlal Nehru University General Conditions :
- Age relaxation will be given to SC / ST / OBC / PWD / Ex – servicemen candidates as per rules, which will be applicable to the post reserved for respective reserved category. No age relaxation will be applicable to reserved category candidates applying for unreserved post.
- Reservation for OBCs shall not apply to certain persons / sections as mentioned in Govt. of India, Deptt. of Personnel & Training OM No.36012 / 22 / 93 – Estt. SCT dated 8.9.1993 as amended from time to time. Reservation for OBC is applicable only to those mentioned in the Central List of OBC’s as mentioned in OM No.12011 / 68 / 93 – BCC ( C ) dated 10.09.93 and as amended from time to time.
- Candidate belonging to PWD category should meet the prescribed criteria of physical disability as applicable as per the Government of India rules for respective physical disability category.
- The candidates belonging to SC / ST / OBC / PWD categories are required to submit their respective caste / disability certificate in the format prescribed by the Govt. of India. Persons already in service in Government /Autonomous / PSU should apply through proper channel along with vigilance clearance and integrity certificate. Attested copy of last five year ACR / APAR’s be also sent separately.
- Merely possessing the prescribed qualifications and requisite experience would not entitle a person to be called for the written test / interview.
The University reserves the right : To fix criteria for screening the applications so as to reduce the number of candidates to be called for written tests / interview, to conduct written tests to further shortlist the candidates for such posts where no test is prescribed in the recruitment rules and a large number of applications are received; to increase / decrease the number of vacancies on its own discretion.
- to frame a panel for filling up future vacancies arising during the tenability of panel which is normally operative for one year.
- Relax the age / qualifications / experience at its discretion; and
- not to fill up any of the advertised positions. Skill test / written test ( s ) should not be construed as a merit test; the selection will be made on the basis of performance in the interview on the recommendation of Selection Committee. Knowledge of Computer JNU application is necessary for all posts. No TA / DA or local conveyance shall be paid to the candidates called for skill / written tests.