Solapur University Jobs Careers 2013
Maharashtra – 413 255.
Solapur University invites application for following Faculty posts:
Name and Reservation for Solapur University Jobs :
|Sl No||Name of the School||Name of the posts ( s )||Category||Subject / Specialization|
|1||School of Chemical Sciences.||Professor ( Lien Vacancy Likely to be continued ).||1 ( One ) ( Open ).||Polymer Chemistry.|
|2||School of Computational Sciences.||Professor.||1 ( One ) ( Open ).||Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Sciences.|
|Associate Professor.||1 ( One ) ( SC ).||Mathematics.|
|3||School of Physical Sciences||Associate Professor||1 ( Open ) ( SC ).||Electronics / Material Science.|
|Assistant Professor||1 ( One ) ( ST ).||Electronics / Material Science.|
Qualification for Solapur University Jobs :
- An eminent Scholar with Ph.D. qualification ( s ) in the concerned / allied / relevant discipline and published work of high quality actively engaged in research with evidence of published work with a minimum of 10 publications as books and / or research / policy papers.
- A minimum of ten years of teaching experience in university / college, and / or experience in research at the University / National level institutions / industries, including experience of guiding candidates for research at doctoral level.
- Contribution to educational innovation, design of new curricula and courses, and technology mediated teaching learning process.
- A minimum score as stipulated in the Academic Performance Indicator ( API ) based Performance Based Appraisal System ( PBAS ), set out in this Regulation as per UGC norms as attached. ( or )
- An outstanding professional, with established reputation in the relevant field, who has made significant contributions to the knowledge in the concerned / allied / relevant discipline, to be substantiated by credentials.
Associate Professor :
- Good academic record with a Ph.D Degree in the concerned / allied / relevant disciplines.
- A Master’s Degree with at least 55 % marks ( or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed ).
- A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and / or research in a an academic / research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution / industry excluding the period of Ph.D. research with evidence of published work and a minimum of 5 publication as books and / or research / policy papers.
- Contribution to educational innovation, design of new curricula and courses, and technology mediated teaching learning process with evidence of having guided doctoral candidates and research students.
- A minimum score as stipulated in the Academic Performance Indicator ( API ) based Performance Based Appraisal System ( PBAS ), set out in this Regulation as per UGC norms as attached.
Assistant Professor :
- Good academic record as defined by the concerned university with at least 55 % marks ( or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed ) at the Master’s Degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent from an accredited foreign University.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test ( NET ) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET / SET.
- Notwithstanding anything contained in sub clauses 1 and 2 above candidates, who are, or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission ( Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree ) Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET / SLET / SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor in University. Necessary certificate is required to be produced.
- NET / SLET / SET shall not be required for such Masters Programmes in disciplines for which NET / SLET / SET is not conducted.
General Instructions :
- The posts of Professor / Associate Professor / Assistant Professor shall be filled in for the respective schools not for a department.
- As per Government Resolution dated 31st October, 2005 a new “Defined Contribution Pension Scheme” has been made applicable to the Government servants, who are recruited on or after 1st November, 2005. The same will be applicable to the employees of this University.
- In regard to the “Defined Contribution Pension Scheme”, where a Government Servant who was already in Government service prior to 1st November, 2005 on a pensionable establishment and who had applied for the post on pensionable establishment in the same or other department and was subsequently appointed in the new post on or after 1st November, 2005 will be covered under the Maharashtra civil services ( Pension rules 1982 ) & general provident fund scheme provided to fulfill the conditions mentioned in Government circular No. COS 1006/87/SER 4, dated 12/01/2007; G.R.No.CPS-1005/126/SER-4, dated 31/10/2005; Circular No. CPS-1009/13/SER-4, dated 24/02/2009 and Circular No CPS- 1009/32/SER-4, dated 16/07/2009.
- Reservation for female candidates will be as per the rules prescribed by the Government of Maharashtra.
- Reservation for the ex-servicemen and also for the persons who represented India with highest proficiency in the International Sports will be observed as prescribed by the State Government.
- Non Creamy layer and caste validity certificates will be required in case of the candidates belonging to the concerned reserved category.
- Candidates from reserved category, who are domiciled outside Maharashtra State, will be treated as Open category candidates as per Government Maharashtra
G.R. No CBC-1290/23116/E.Go-378/EE EEo-5, dated 24/08/1995.
- The candidate shall have to submit along with the application form, a declaration in FORM ‘A’ as per rules prescribed by the Government of Maharashtra in respect of small family vide Notification No. SRV 2000/CR(17/2000), dated 28/03/2005.
- Proficiency in Marathi is desirable for all the posts.
- Those who are in service shall forward their applications through proper channel.
- The University shall not be held responsible for postponement or cancellation of scheduled interview for any unforeseen / unavoidable reasons.
- No correspondence will be entertained in respect of the advertisement, interview, selection and appointment etc.
- Attested true copies of the supporting documents, certificates, testimonials, etc. shall be attached along with the application form.
- Academic performance Indicator ( API category I, II, III ) in this line with available on the UGC letter No. F.3.1/2009 dt. 30 June, 2010 and the instructions given at the end of the stipulated formats, especially the impact factor & joint authorship must be taken in to account, while calculating the API score. API score should be given with the applications. Refer appendices I, II, III.
- Self attested passport size photograph should be affixed at space provided in the application form.
- Applications received by Fax or by Email Shall not be entertained.
- Qualification and age shall be considered as on last date for submission of application.
- Queries or correspondence regarding issue of call letters for interview / selection of candidate will not be entertained at any stage.
- All belated or incomplete applications will be rejected. Further, the applications which are not in the prescribed form will be rejected and no intimation in this regard will be sent to the candidates.
- The University will not be responsible for any postal lapses or delay.
- No TA / DA will be paid either for attending the interview or for joining the post.
- A candidate furnishing incorrect or false information shall stand disqualified at any stage.
- Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
- The application form should be downloaded from the university website http://su.digitaluniversity.ac and necessary form fee is to be paid by Demand Draft.
- Envelope containing application forms should bear a caption in capital letters as “Application for teaching post” ( Please mentioned name of post and advertisement no. ).
- A relaxation of 5 % may be provided from 55% to 50% at the Master’s level for SC / ST Category.
- Candidates desirous of applying for more than one post they should submit separate application forms in Twelve Sets.
- Reservation for Physically Handicapped candidates will be as per the State Government norms.
- Services of the selected candidates will be governed as per the candidates of U.G.C, Government of Maharashtra, Maharashtra University Act, 1994, Statutes, Ordinances, Rules & Regulations of Solapur University, Solapur.
- If required there shall be a colloquium of Professor 20 minutes, Associate Professor 15 minutes & Assistant Profssor 10 minutes.
- Summary sheet duly filled by the candidate be attached.
- Photostat copies duly attested of the following documents must be attached with the Application form.
- Degree / Diploma, Statement of Marks and other certificates of the educational Qualifications and experience.
- Caste certificate issued be the Taluka Tahsildar / Mamledar, if candidate belong to Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribes / Vimukta Jati / Nomadic Tribes and Other Backward Classes.
- Caste Validity Certificate ( for reserved posts ).
- S.S.C. certificate or other equivalent certificate in support of age. The original certificate would be required at the time of interview only.
- Reserve Category candidates must have cast Validity Certificate, without Cast Validity Certificate appointment will not be given to the candidates from reserve category. (Ref. No. BCC-2009/PRA.KRA.291/09/16-B dated 5th November, 2009 )
- Any other relevant documents.
- The terms and conditions are applicable as per UGC and Government of Maharashtra issued from time to time.
- The University reserves the right to fill or not to fill any or all posts advertised.
- The duly filled in applications as per the above-mentioned instructions should reach the Registrar, Solapur University, Solapur on or before 1st April, 2013 along with Demand Draft of any nationalized bank of 150/- ( 75/- in case of Reserved Category candidates ) in favor of the “Finance & Accounts Officer, Solapur University, Solapur” payable at Solapur.