Vikrama Simhapuri University Job Openings 2012
Vikrama Simhapuri University,
Nellore – 524 003 A.P.
Vikrama Simhapuri University applications are invited on the prescribed form for the following faculty Positions as Professors, Associate Professors and Assistant Professors in departments as Arts ( Commerce, Economics & Tourism and Travel Management ) and Science ( Biotechnology, Physics and Zoology ).
Name of the Post : Professor.
Pay Scale for Professor Jobs : UGC Scales of Pay-2006 37,400 – 67,000 + AGP 10000.
Qualifications for Professor Jobs :
- An eminent scholar with Ph.D. qualification ( s ) in the concerned / allied / relevant discipline and published work of high quality, actively engaged in research with evidence of published work with a minimum of 10 publications as books and / or research / policy papers.
- A minimum of ten years of teaching experience in university / college, and / or experience in research at the University / National level institutions / industries, including experience of guiding candidates for research at doctoral level.
- Contribution to educational innovation, design of new curricula and courses, and technology – mediated teaching learning process.
- A minimum score as stipulated in the Academic Performance Indicator ( API ) based Performance Based Appraisal System ( PBAS ), set out in this Regulation in Appendix III.( Formats appended ).
- An outstanding professional, with established reputation in the relevant field, who has made significant contributions to the knowledge in the concerned / allied / relevant discipline, to be substantiated by credentials.
Name of the Post : Associate Professor Jobs.
Pay Scale for Associate Professor Jobs : UGC Scales of Pay – 2006 37,400 – 67,000 + AGP 9000.
Qualifications for Associate Professor Jobs :
- Good academic record with a Ph.D. Degree in the concerned / allied / relevant disciplines.
- A Master’s Degree with at least 55% marks ( or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed ).
- A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and / or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution / industry excluding the period of Ph.D. research with evidence of published work and a minimum of 5 publications as books and / or research / policy papers.
- Contribution to educational innovation, design of new curricula and courses, and technology – mediated teaching learning process with evidence of having guided doctoral candidates and research students.
- A minimum score as stipulated in the Academic Performance Indicator ( API ) based Performance Based Appraisal System ( PBAS ), set out in this Regulation in Appendix III. ( Formats appended ).
Name of the Post : Assistant Professor Jobs.
Pay scale for Assistant Professor Jobs : UGC Scales of Pay – 2006 15,600 – 39,100 + AGP 6000.
Qualifications for Assistant Professor Jobs :
- Good academic record as defined by the concerned university with at least 55% marks ( or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed ) at the Master’s Degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test ( NET ) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET / SET.
- Notwithstanding anything contained in sub – clauses 1. and 2. above, candidates, who are, or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission ( Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree ) Regulations,2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET / SLET / SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities / Colleges / Institutions.
- NET / SLET / SET shall also not be required for such Masters Programmes in disciplines for which NET / SLET / SET is not conducted.
Vikrama Simhapuri University Application Form 2012 :
Instructions to Candidates Applying from Abroad :
- Candidates ( Indian Citizens ) applying from abroad may note that the registration fee for each application is US $50.
- A Demand Draft on State Bank of India, Nellore Main Branch, Nellore for US $50.00 should be attached to the filled in application of the candidate if the application is sent by post.
- The application from candidates applying from abroad can also be sent by Email to the Registrar, Vikrama Simhapuri University Nellore to the following Email id : firstname.lastname@example.org
- For such applications sent by internet, US $50.00 may be mail – transferred to the following Account with State Bank of India, Nellore Main Branch: IFS Code: SBIN0000887; MICR Code: 524002003; Current Account No. 30507861712 with Email information furnishing full particulars of the transaction to the Registrar to the ID given above as also fax information to the Registrar 0861 – 2352356.
Mode of Interview for Candidates Applying from Abroad :
- If found qualified to be called for the interview, candidates from abroad will be informed about the date and time of the interview at short notice.
- They must attend the Interview at the designated place in India as per the requirements of the Interview Call Letter sent to them by e-mail, failing which they will not be considered for the post for which they have applied. In exceptional cases, web interview will be considered.
- All Candidates shall attend for the interview at their own cost.
General Instructions :
- Separate application shall be submitted for each post along with registration fee prescribed as per the Notification / Prospectus. Registration fees once paid will not be refunded.
- If the space provided in any column of the application is not sufficient to furnish full details relating to that column, a separate sheet may be attached mentioning the head of the column at the top of sheet.
- Attested True Copies of all the testimonials, details of educational qualifications, Date of Birth Certificate, Caste Certificate, Experience Certificate, etc., shall be enclosed to the application.
- All the Original certificates shall be compulsorily produced at the time of the interview for verification and also at the time of joining, if selected.
- Money Orders / Postal Orders are not acceptable.
- Candidates belonging to SC / ST / BC categories shall enclose attested true copies of Integrated / Permanent Caste Certificate issued by the M.R.O. / Tahsildar in the prescribed proforma.
- Candidates from other categories should enclose certificates issued by the competent authorities, failing which their claims will not be considered.
- Applicants who are employed shall send their applications through the proper channel accompanied by a letter of consent obtained from the employer concerned.
- Teachers in the employment of the Universities, etc., shall apply through the proper channel.
- If the applicant is selected for the post, he / she will be appointed to the post on the minimum pay of the time scale attached to the post and no protection of last pay drawn in the previous employment will be given unless the Selection Committee which selects him / her specifically recommends such protection and the appointing authority accepts it.
- Applicants for the posts of Associate Professor / Professor shall submit the API score based on PBAS formats enclosed.
- Canvassing in any form will be construed as a disqualification.
- Applications received after the due date or incomplete or not conforming to the prescribed format in any respect will not be considered and no communication will be entertained in this regard. Any postal delay will not be considered.
- The candidates shall attend the interview at the venue and time & date fixed as specified at his / her own expense.
- A candidate who is found to have furnished false particulars or to have suppressed material information or to have been found involved in unlawful activities shall be disqualified, and if appointed, will be liable to be dismissed without any notice.
- If any candidate was found convicted by a Court of Law involving illegal activities at a later date and such appointment shall be cancelled automatically without any notice.
- The Selected candidates will be governed by Contributory Pension Scheme as per G.O.Ms. No.653, 654 & 655, Finance (Pen) Dept., dated 22nd September, 2004. However Revised Pension Rules for the University Teachers, 1992 as per G.O.Ms.No.276, Education ( UE.I) Department dated 2-12-1993 and G.O.Ms.No.227, Education ( UE.I) Department dated 2ns December, 1993 shall be made applicable for those who are in service and governed by Revised Pension Rules for the University Teachers, 1992 with amendments made thereof.
- Selected candidates will be governed by the Contributory Pension Scheme made applicable to all the newly appointed candidates.
- The appointees are liable for transfer to any of the centres established / to be established by the University outside its campus at a future date.
- The University reserves the right to fill or not to fill any or all of the posts advertised.
- Filled in applications in all respects should be sent to the following address by Registered Post / Speed Post with Acknowledgement due so as to reach this office on or before 4th December, 2012 ( Tuesday ) super scribed on the cover as “Application for the Post of __”. The Applications should forwarded to the following address :
Vikrama Simhapuri University,
Nellore – 524 003 (A.P.),
- There is no provision for the sale of applications at the University or elsewhere. Applications have to be downloaded from the university website www.simhapuriuniv.org
- The Prospectus and Instructions to the candidates is also available on the website.
A relaxation of 5% may be provided from 55% to 50% of the marks at the graduate and master’s level for the SC / ST / Differently – abled ( Physically and visually differently – abled ) categories for the purpose of eligibility and for assessing good academic record during direct recruitment to teaching positions.
Relaxation of 5% may be provided from 55% to 50% of marks to Ph.D. degree holders, who passed their Master’s degree examination prior to 19th September, 1991.
An equivalent grade of B in the 7 point scale with letter grade O, A, B, C, D, E & F in the relevant subject from an Indian University or an equivalent degree from a foreign University, shall be regarded as equivalent of 55% wherever the grading system is followed.